Thank you for visiting the Henry Carter Hull Library website. Your library is committed to protecting your privacy.
Records and information that may identify specific data, files, programs, or other electronic materials which a user has consulted, are considered confidential and shall not be divulged to anyone other than the user, except as otherwise provided in the following three paragraphs.
- All users are advised that such records shall not be made available to any agency of the local, state, or federal government except pursuant to such process, order, or subpoena as may be authorized under the authority of, and pursuant to, local, state, or federal law relating to criminal, civil, or administrative procedures or legislative investigatory power.
- Users of Internet browsing software should be aware that the history of sites visited on the web is not private or secure.
- The Henry Carter Hull Library is not, and cannot be, responsible for maintaining the privacy or confidentiality of personal or personally identifiable information provided by a user to a third party, such as a data service licensed by the State Library for its users.
The Henry Carter Hull Library requires that you provide personal information to enable us to respond to your email requests. Your email may be forwarded within the Library to employees who are better able to assist you. Other than for authorized law enforcement activities as described in 1) above, the Library does not share email with outside organizations without obtaining your permission.
For site management, the Connecticut State Library uses software programs to create summary statistics that are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most or least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance areas. The Library collects and stores the following information:
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you peruse and files you access;
- The Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our site
This information is not reported or used in any manner that would reveal personally identifiable information.
Links to other Web sites are provided as an information service. The Library reserves the right to evaluate and select sites for links. Links do not imply endorsement of, nor responsibility for, the content of off-site referenced pages. The Library will not link to other web sites that require paid subscriptions or memberships to access.