Download free eBooks to your eReader, Smart Phone, Tablet or iPad.
Try Freading and download free ebooks immediately!
Click on the Freading link for instructions.
Connecticut Public Library Cardholders:
Download eBooks from the Connecticut State Library at RBDigital
Free eBooks in PDF Format for Connecticut Cardholders:
Public Library E-Book Collection: Enjoy easy access to more than 45,000 titles for both adults and juveniles as well as best-selling and highly-recommended titles from industry leading publishers.
High School E-Book Collection: Offer high school students, educators and administrators e-books that align with their school’s curricula, as well as complement your library’s existing database resources. This robust collection includes more than 11,000 titles including classic literary works, important historical documents, general reference materials and curriculum resources for educators.
K-8 E-Book Collection: Give K-8 students across all subject areas a quality learning experience with this interdisciplinary collection of more than 14,000 e-books. Students will appreciate the full-text e-book coverage to support their curricula and educators will welcome the access to curriculum guides and other time-saving resources.
Cricket E-Book Collection: Support students in grades Pre-K through 8th with this e-book collection containing more than 700 e-books developed by Cricket Media, an internationally recognized education company with award-winning content for children, families and educators.
iConn’s helpful links to free e-books:
In order to help meet the growing demand for e-Books, this page, compiled by Eric Hansen at the CT State Library & HCH Library, presents major sources of free, downloadable e-Books in various formats.
- Free ebook collection @ New York Public Library
- Google Books (100’s of 1000’s of titles) (select “full view” or “free only” in search results)
- Internet Archive (over 2.5 million titles)
- ManyBooks.net (29,000 titles)
- Online Books Page (over 1 million titles)
- Project Gutenberg (over 33,000 titles)
- Booklending.com is a free service for Amazon kindle users that allows you to lend and borrow e-books! Registering is easy, & you can even use your facebook account to log in
- Openlibrary.org (over 1 million titles)
- 391 Websites for Free E-books Online
For the Kindle – Amazon’s Free Collection (over 16.000 of the most popular classics)*
FreeBookSifter helps you navigate the free Amazon books easily!
For the Nook – Barnes & Noble’s Free Collection*
In iCONN – E-Reference Books (67 titles) (read online only) (requires CT public library card)
For more e-Books, try iCONN’s Literature site
*Note: these sites require setting up an account with a credit card.